http://revdan.blogspot.com/2006/05/seriously.html

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Honesty is our only policy!

I love Junior High kids. No...Really... I do! They're so honest. Last night I had my first "youth night" at a church I've stepped in to help as an interim. It's a ten hour a week position I'm doing in addition to my current ministry. I told the kids I needed their help getting reacclamated to the teenage life because I had been hanging out with adults for the past five years. I asked them to get in groups and make a list of everything I needed to know. I was walking around the room to see how they were doing and I stopped and asked two boys to tell me what they had. They said, "Three Words! Short Attention Span! We don't want to study the Bible for 5 hours." I said, "Deal! I don't want to either." They said, "We like games. Lots of games!" I was looking over their list a few moments ago and discovered they like "Vilent Games!" I think I know what they mean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home