http://revdan.blogspot.com/2006/05/seriously.html

Thursday, September 30, 2004

The Rhythm of Love

1 Chronicles 29:10b-13
"Praise be to you, O LORD , God of our father Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. 11 Yours, O LORD , is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O LORD , is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all. 12 Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all. 13 Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name.

So what's mine? None of it! I am only a steward that's been given the privilege by the King to handle a portion of His Kingdom and wealth. I wonder if the King will be pleased with my stewardship? Have I handled things in such a way that people see me as an extention of the King or have I gone my own way to run things the way I choose? Would the King sell everything he has in order to give it to the poor? What level of prosperity is ok or is that the wrong question? What's the condition and motivation of my heart? Am I doing anything about widows and orphans? Am I moved in my gut with compassion when I see the poor, the lost, the suffering? Am I moved or has my heart been hardened to that sort of thing? Have I mastered the technique of not making eye contact with the hurting? More importantly, do I know the Father's heartbeat? Do I know the Shepherd's voice that makes me lie down in green pastures and leads me beside still waters? He restores my soul and guides me along paths of righteousness for His names sake. I wonder if I get what He wants me to get during moments of green pastures and still waters if all I think and worry about is the poor and suffering? How can I have a Sabbath day of rest if there's so many more people to help? God knows best! He knows their needs and He knows mine. He knows that if I don't get what I need, then the needy will not get my portion of God's provision for them. I wonder how many times I miss out on something from God (a word of encouragement or correction) because somebody's life is out of God's rhythm?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home