http://revdan.blogspot.com/2006/05/seriously.html

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Completed Faith

18But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.

"I will show you my faith by what I do." I wonder how much faith I demonstrate with my life? Do the people in my sphere of influence see faith in my actions or hear it in my words? What does faith look like? What does it sound like?

22You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.

I wonder how often my faith stirs within me, waiting to be completed by a decision, a thought, a word, an action? I remember so many days in school when my teacher would say, "Did you dot your i's and cross your t's?" (or was it cross my i's and dot my t's?)
Holy Spirit, remind me throughout the day to complete my faith with right thoughts, words and actions.

God, I don’t have great faith, but I can be faithful. My belief in you may be seasonal, but my faithfulness will not. I will follow in the way of Christ. I will act as though my life and the lives of others matter. I will love. I have no greater gift to offer than my life. Take it.
Real Live Preacher, RealLivePreacher.com Weblog, December 26, 2002

And so faith is closing your eyes and following the breath of your soul down to the bottom of life, where existence and nonexistence have merged into irrelevance. All that matters is the little part you play in the vast drama.
Real Live Preacher, reallivepreacher.com weblog, September 4, 2003

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home