http://revdan.blogspot.com/2006/05/seriously.html

Thursday, September 16, 2004

What a Ride!

Road the Vortex yesterday and almost wet myself. It started out pretty well as I entered the coffee shop at 6:50 am. I read the paper, spent some time in the Word and journaling my thoughts and I began to process some plans for moving the church forward. I stopped in to visit a nearby church to hear the most recent events of the saga of "toxic church."

I approached the top of the first hill of the ride as I pulled into the driveway, turned the car off, walked into the house and over to the phone. There it was, twinkling like a Christmas light on the tree. I had a voicemail message. Someone else was leaving the church! All I could do was hold my hands in the air and scream as I barreled down the hill at warp speed.

We had a leader's meeting planned for that night so folks came in and immediately entered into the rant. Frustration and disappointment permeated the majority of the meeting, but somewhere along the line after a few corkscrew turns we began to talk about what it means to put on Christ and take the high road in all of this. We talked about what needed to happen for us to be effective as the Church in the coming week. We closed the meeting on our knees and asked God to send us people we can love into a relationship with Him. After a few hugs and goodbyes we pulled into the gate and came to a stop. What a ride!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home