http://revdan.blogspot.com/2006/05/seriously.html

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Call Me Crazy

I had a prophet pay me a visit the other day to let me know I had jeopardized my integrity because of an announcement I made regarding a family leaving our church. The announcement was a reflection of the meeting I had had with the exiting member on the Friday before. Funny thing about prophets that I have met in recent days--they are so busy running their mouths about everyone else that they fail to hear or see the "word" concerning them. I tried in the most loving way to let the prophet know that he needed to be delivered from a religious spirit, but I don't think he heard that. He was too busy calling me a liar, telling me I was rejecting the Holy Spirit, and that I was shepherding a "brood of vipers." What I really wanted him to do was stop telling mothers in my congregation that their children were demon-possessed. He couldn't understand why I wouldn't let him lead the youth group. I lead a church that embraces people with the love and grace of God, but when the stinking sheep try to hijack the the flock, I get pissed! Call me crazy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home