http://revdan.blogspot.com/2006/05/seriously.html

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Pure Joy....Really?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.
Thomas PaineUS patriot & political philosopher (1737 - 1809)


Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict. William Ellery ChanningUS abolitionist & clergyman (1780 - 1842)

James 1
2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Consider it pure joy when I have to deal with annoying people on a regular basis? Man...that's a hard one! I find myself thinking, "I don't want to be mature that bad. I think I'm ok with lacking a thing or two." I know that's not the right thing to think, but it's my blog and I'm just telling you what really goes through this crazy mind of mine. I know it's scary. You ought to be me for day. Scary? It's a scary, exciting, frustrating, heart-pumping, pants-wetting experience in the art of clinging to the life God has gotten me into. Everybody I talk to concerning ministry seems to be the expert. Their idea is the best one. Their opinion is the right one and obviously the one that counts! I guess it's just a dose of what God goes through on a regular basis with our ideas of what's best, right, Biblical, and "God's will."

Help us Lord! For we are in dire need of your help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home