http://revdan.blogspot.com/2006/05/seriously.html

Friday, November 25, 2005

Still Waiting


I probably should be enjoying the peace and quiet of my house right now but I'm not. I'm anxious and I can't help it. We've been waiting for this gift for a lot longer than 9 mos. and while I love putting my hand on my wife's belly and feeling the baby move, I'm ready to hold it in my arms and look into it's eyes. I'm even ready to change some diapers and get puked on. I'm supposed to be at a rehearsal right now in Urbana for a wedding I'm helping officiate tomorrow. I decided I didn't need to be away from home any more than what's absolutely necessary, so tomorrow I'll go and wing it a bit. The couple getting married were in my youth group years ago and I'm excited for them and the future God has in store. I'm currently working on a mixed worship CD for while we're in labor (kind of funny saying "we're" I'm going along to duck and say, "you're doing beautifully").

3 Comments:

At 3:45 AM, Blogger LDubs said...

Dan, i am touched by the sappiness you've displayed over the impending birth of your child. I bet that if more dads had that heart for their kids, our country might be a different place. God's blessing to you guys in the coming days.
I want to see pictures please. :)

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

Waiting to see if you have a he-baby or she-baby! I've been shopping with Sara more than once for this little one. Praying for you all.

Maybe you can celebrate the birth with a pomegranate martini of your own!

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Martinis and 5 minute fudge! Now we're talking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home