http://revdan.blogspot.com/2006/05/seriously.html

Friday, November 05, 2004

Go Bush!

Here's a rant in response to www.dilbonedaily.blogspot.com.

I'm pleased with the outcome of the election. It was an answer to prayer. I believe George Bush's motive for the war in Iraq was to protect our country and bring freedom to an oppressed nation. Do we, as a powerful, wealthy and blessed nation turn a blind eye to the tyrants of the world so we don't come across as imperialistic tyrants ourselves? Do we only intervene when a country's predicament reaches holocaust proportions? I am proud to be an American when I see Afghan women running in the Olympics for the first time ever. I am proud to be American when I hear the reports from our troops of how thankful the Iraqi people are because of what we're doing. I'm proud to be apart of a country that takes seriously it's call to be the good Samaritan. We don't pass by on the other side. We send troops, we lose lives, we make mistakes, we rebuild. We give a voice to those that have no voice. Ask the Christians in Africa who were tortured and had family members killed by Muslims during Clinton's term how things have changed now that Bush is in Office. They pray and fast for our President while we Bitch and Moan with our hindsight-based, armchair politicing! Why don't we all grow our hair long, smoke some dope and talk about peace. My peace came at the expense of Christ's life. Sometimes, being a peacemaker means going to war to bring peace to a people whose ruler has declared war on them. (There's my rant...Have a great weekend!)

2 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger Sara said...

WHATEVER.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Whatever? You've got to give me more than that you closet Republican!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home