http://revdan.blogspot.com/2006/05/seriously.html

Friday, November 12, 2004

Time

Time is a beautiful gift. It doesn't heal everything, but it sure does a nice job on a lot of wounds that we suffer in life. The other night I was talking to my wife about how stressful our lives were at the moment and she said, "At least your twitch hasn't come back." I didn't know what she was talking about, and then she reminded of the problem I had last year when my face would just start twitching for no apparent reason. It was really wild when it would happen while I was preaching. People wouldn't hear a word I would say because they were too busy being entertained by my face. I'd be preaching fire and brimstone (not really) and they'd be laughing. I had forgotten how scary and frustrating that was. What a gift! There is a lot that's happened to me in the past year that I'm anxious for time to heal. I don't mind the scars that symbolize the experience and God's faithfulness, but I can do without the pusy(sp) soars that I have right now.

God is so good! Yesterday was a truckload of horse manure day, but this morning I went to the chiropractor and the receptionist asked me if I wanted a massage. "How much?" Iasked. "Your insurance will cover it," she said. Not only did I get a massage but I also got to encourage the therapist who was a young believer whose husband has an inoperable brain tumor. I prayed with her before I left and I got the strong impression that God is more than in control. He has a marvelous way of killing two birds with one stone. Boy...that sounds funny and so unspiritual. Let's try this....God saw two people in need who both had something to offer that the other needed. You know he has to be up there rubbing his hands together saying, "Watch this Michael! Batta Bing, Batta Boom! Am I good or what?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home